Custom Search

Monday, November 30, 2009

Super Hoodies

5 Super Warm Hoodies For The Winter

I’ve never really been a fan of large, bulky winter jackets. Sure, they keep you incredibly warm, but I’d much rather throw on an extra thick hoodie (with a couple of t-shirts underneath) and brave the cold winter weather without the bulky jacket weighing me down.

Here are 5 of my favorite extra warm hoodies for the winter. I’ll start with my least favorite of the 5 and end with the greatest winter hoodie of this winter season (read on to see what it is).

5. The Abercombie Wolf Jaw


I don’t wear Abercrombie because it’s too popular for my liking. But most people love it so here is one from Abercrombie. This faux fur lined hoodie will definitely keep you warm. I’ve already seen a few men wearing it comfortably in the cold weather. It’s $158 at Abercrombie.

To see my other picks …

4. Hollister – Dana Strands

Hollister/Abercrombie, what’s the difference anyways? They are both faux fur lined (which is a pretty common theme among these winterized hoodies). This hoodie is essentially the same as the Abercrombie version (only $60 cheaper).


3. Eagle Outerwear Fleece

American Eagle has it right with this Outerwear Fleece Hoodie for $80. It is fully lined and should help keep you warm this winter. Remember to check RetailMeNot.com for AE coupons. They are always available and you should never have to pay full price.


2. Gstar Hooded Sweatshirt


This hoodie from Gstar is THICK. It’s $170 and I definitely prefer is over the Abercrombie and Hollister hoodies.

1. Diesel Swelfur

Here is my favorite of the bunch (I actually own this one so I may be a little biased :-) )This hoodie from Diesel is so thick that it’s classified as a winter jacket on Diesels website. The hood and body is lined with faux fur. The arms lack fur but are lined more like a traditional winter down jacket. This hoodie also comes in Gray and Khaki. These sold out very fast and you are going to have trouble finding them (check ebay). These sold for $212 at Ssense.com.